The concept behind this newsletter is that anyone with 15 minutes to spare can learn about our research work. In this Jan-Mar 2017 issue of our newsletter, we have included interesting open access publications, news, blogs, reports, tweets, and training information produced by our group.
In this issue our highlights are:
- News & Publication - Prevalence of drug resistant HIV at 'alarming levels' in Aruba.
- Commentary: Extreme High-level of Drug Resistance in Aruba: We need Integrase-Based Regimens Available Globally NoW!
- News & Publication - CD4+ Count Not Useful to Assess ART Response in HTLV-1/HIV Coinfection.
- Publication - Sensitive next generation sequencing method reveals deep genetic diversity of HIV-1 in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Publication Sequence & Phylogenetic Analysis of the Untranslated Promoter Regions for HLA Class I Genes
- Publication: Virological Outcomes of 2nd line Protease Inhibitor-Based Treatment HIV-1 in a High-Prevalence Rural South African Setting: A Competing-Risks Prospective Cohort Analysis
- Publication: Primary HIV-1 Drug Resistant Minority Variants
- Publication: Social disequilibrium and the risk of HIV acquisition: A multilevel study in rural KwaZulu-Natal Province, South Africa.
- Workshop: SATuRN & CAPRISA 2017: HIV & TB Drug Resistance and Advanced Care Workshop
The newsletter is open accessible at:
We hope that you enjoy our newsletters. We think that they are truly interesting and we really have enjoyed producing it!
Produced by Prof. Tulio de Oliveira (Nelson R Mandela School of Medicine, UKZN & CAPRISA, South Africa)