This month, we focus on the launch of we focus on KRISP launching a Biotech Incubator in Durban - BioDurban. KRISP team walkabout to Sydney to participate in the top translational program in the world: the SPARK Global program. In our newsletter, we also highlight some of our fun activities, including three travel blogs, a Photo Exhibition with a great photographer and the publication of a Open Access Book on genomics and bioinformatics for viral outbreaks.
This issue's highlights are:
- Biotech Innovation: KRISP participation in BioAfrica 2019
- Biotech Innovation: BioDurban is launched as an initiative of KRISP at UKZN & eThekweni Municipality.
- Blog: SPARK Global Annual Biomedical Innovation and Entrepreneurship Training
- Blog: Extract from Dr. Thulile Nlapo's Travel Journal to a Translational Science Trip to Australia
- Blog: 5th Annual SPARK Global Meeting - personal view of Dr Richard Lessells and Gugulethu Mkhize
- Photo Exhibition: Life Blood - Photo Exhibition by Samora Chapman, Durban, 24 Oct 2019
- Book: Mosquito-Borne Viral Diseases: Control and Prevention in the Genomics Era
- Workshop: KRISP is running a Phylogenetics workshop at the 28th International Workshop on HIV Drug Resistance and Treatment Strategies
News date: 2019-10-04
KRISP has been created by the coordinated effort of the University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN), the Technology Innovation Agency (TIA) and the South African Medical Research Countil (SAMRC).
Location: K-RITH Tower Building
Nelson R Mandela School of Medicine, UKZN
719 Umbilo Road, Durban, South Africa.
Director: Prof. Tulio de Oliveira